This year’s installation of Harvey Awards announced the contenders for the Best Manga category on Aug 11, 2023. Chainsaw Man, Spy x Family, and Cat + Gamer have been nominated for the second time in a row under the category.
The complete list of Best Manga nominees are as follows:
- Cat + Gamer by Wataru Nadatani, translated by Zack Davisson (Dark Horse Manga)
- Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto, translated by Amanda Haley (VIZ Media)
- Goodbye, Eri by Tatsuki Fujimoto, translated by Amanda Haley (VIZ Media)
- Shuna’s Journey by Hayao Miyazaki, translated by Alex Dudok de Wit (First Second)
- Spy x Family by Tatsuya Endo, translated by Casey Loe (VIZ Media)
The winner of the award will be announced on Oct 13, 2023 at New York Comic Con.
Harvey Award for the Best Manga 2022 was won by Chainsaw Man.
The Harvey Awards recognizes and honors exceptional works in the fields of comics and arts. It is one of comic industry’s oldest and most prestigious awards.
Though Harvey Awards began way back in 1988, the Best Manga category was only added in 2018. Before that, manga were nominated alongside other comics in the “Best American Edition of Foreign Material” category. Hajime Isayama’s Attack On Titan bagged an award in this category back in 2014.