Crunchyroll revealed on their official website that the English dubbed version of Girlfriend, Girlfriend anime will hit the streaming platform on Aug 10, 2022.
Cast and staff involved in the English dub were also revealed.
Girlfriend, Girlfriend English Dub cast includes:
- Kevin D. Thelwell (Subaru Kurokawa in Shoot! Goal to the Future): Naoya Mukai
- Brittany Lauda (Ritsu in Fire Force): Saki Saki
- Madeleine Morris (Rudeus Greyrat in Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation): Nagisa Minase
- Elizabeth Maxwell (Midnight in My Hero Academia): Shino Kiryuu
- Additional voices: Dusty Feeny, Justin Green, Chris Long, Meg McClain
Staff involved in Girlfriend, Girlfriend English Dub are:
- ADR Production: Studio Nano
- Producer: Michelle Rojas
- ADR Director: Peter Hawkinson
- ADR Engineer: Peter Hawkinson
- ADR Mix Engineer: Matt Grounds
- ADR Script Supervisor: Peter Hawkinson
- ADR Writer: Madeleine Morris
- ADR Prep: Jennifer Alyx
Girlfriend, Girlfriend is a Japanese romantic comedy manga series written and illustrated by Hiroyuki. It began serialization in Kodansha’s Weekly Shōnen Magazine in March 2020, and has been compiled into eleven tankōbon volumes as of June 2022.
An anime television series adaptation by Tezuka Productions aired from July to September 2021 on the Animeism programming block.
The plot of the series is described as:
The series follows Naoya Mukai, who had recently begun a relationship with his childhood friend Saki Saki. Nagisa Minase, his classmate, decides to confess her feelings to him as well, and after some initial hesitation, he accepts her request to be her boyfriend as well. Naoya decides that he will have both Saki and Nagisa as girlfriends at the same time. As Naoya currently lives alone due to his parents living elsewhere for work, Saki and Nagisa decide to live with him. The series follows their daily school life, as Naoya, Saki, and Nagisa experience difficulties and challenges in maintaining their love triangle relationship.