Crunchyroll released a list of global release dates for the Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero movie on June 14, 2022, revealing that the movie will release in India on Aug 26, 2022, along with Indonesia.
Crunchyroll and Sony Pictures will be in charge of distributing the film in India. Sony Pictures India had earlier hinted towards an Indian theatrical release for the movie.
Additional details about the release of Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero in India have not been revealed yet.
The list of global release dates for the movie is as follows:
- Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Central America, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay – August 18
- United States, Canada, United Kingdom*, Ireland*, South Africa, Zambia, Vietnam – August 19
- India, Indonesia – August 26
- Malaysia, Brunei – August 30
- Philippines – August 31
- Singapore – September 1
- Taiwan – September 8
- South Korea – September 15
- Thailand, Hong Kong, Macao – September 29
*Preview screenings are available for the film in the United Kingdom and Ireland on August 17 and 18.
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero released in Japan on June 11, 2022.
The movie was scheduled to be released on April 22 in Japan and was slated to open in North America this summer, however, it was postponed due to the Toei Animation hack on March 6. The film is out in Japan on June 11.
The fully 3DCG film is being directed by Tetsuro Kodama at Toei Animation, and Naoki Satō is composing the music. Nobuhito Sue is the art director, Chikashi Kubota is the animation director, and Jae Hoon Jung is the CG director.
The movie has garnered over 5 Million USD in its opening weekend.