Through a press release, the first promotional video for the animated adaptation of the manga was revealed. A Sign of Affection (Yubisaki to Renren), in it the voice cast and production team are revealed to us and it is confirmed that it will premiere in January 2024.
A promotional image was also included in the statement.
The series will be distributed through Crunchyroll on this side of the world.
- Yuuta Murano will be the anime director at the studios Ajia-do.
- Youko Yonaiyama is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kasumi Sakai He is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Yukari Hashimoto He is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
- Sumire Morohoshi as Yuki Itose.
- Yuu Miyazaki as Itsuomi Nagi.
- Takeo Ootsuka as Ooshi Ashioki.
- Ryota Ohsaka as Kyouka Nagi.
- Kaede Hondo as Rin Fujishiro.
A Sign of Affection is a work written and illustrated by Yuu Morishita and its first publication took place in 2019 through the magazine Dessert from the Kodansha publishing house. At the moment, it has 8 published volumes.
Synopsis of A Sign of Affection
Yuki Itose is a hearing-impaired college student whose world has been shrouded in silence since her birth. She has lived in the same place her entire life and barely interacts with others, except for her best friend, Rin Fujishiro.
One day, during her commute to work, she meets the silver-haired, multilingual Itsuomi Nagi, Rin’s mutual friend. Unlike most, Itsuomi is unwavering when she learns of Yuki’s disability; This, along with her experiences abroad, fascinates and moves her.
After separating, her affection for him begins to grow. A new world begins to open up for Yuki and Itsuomi as they learn about each other’s different lives.