Streaming giant Crunchyroll announced on Oct 12, 2022, that Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! Season 2 English dub will hit the platform on Oct 15, 2022.
Staff and cast members for the English dub version of the anime has also been revealed.
Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! season 2 English dub cast includes:
- Monica Rial as Hana Uzaki
- Ricco Fajardo as Shinichi Sakurai (with David Matranga voice matching for Episode 1)
- Jad Saxton as Ami Asai
- Kent Williams as Akihiko Asai
- Terri Doty as Tsuki Uzaki
- Daman Mills as Narrator
- Nazeeh Tarsha as Itsuhito Sakaki
Staff involved includes:
- ADR Director: Morgan Laure
- Assistant ADR Director: Christopher Wehkamp, Brittany Lauda
- Lead ADR Engineer: Caitlin “Lin” Kyle
- Assistant Engineer: Austin Sisk
- Mix Engineer: Rawly Pickens
- Producer: Christopher R. Sabat
- Line Producer & Talent Coordinator: Brittany Lauda
- ADR Prep: Bryson Baugus
- ADR Script: Y. Chang, Meli Grant
It was previously announced that Kano and Uzaki-chan VA Naomi Ozara will return to perform the new OP song “Ichigro Ichie Celebration” (Once-in-a-Lifetime Celebration).
Newly announced cast members include:
- Miki Itо as Haruko Sakurai (Shinichi’s mother)
- Tomokazu Sugita as Shirо̄ Sakurai (Shinichi’s father)
Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out Season 2 other cast members includes:
- Kenji Akabane as Shinichi Sakurai
- Naomi Ōzora as Hana Uzaki, Kano
- Ayana Taketatsu as Ami Asai
- Hideo Ishikawa as Fujio Uzaki
- Saori Hayami as Tsuki Uzaki
- Seina Katō as Yanagi Uzaki
- Tomoya Takagi as Itsuhito Sakaki
- Yousuke Akimoto as Akihiko Asai
- Yuko Sanpei as Kiri Uzaki
The staff of the series includes:
- Director: Kazuya Miura
- Series Composition: Takashi Aoshima
- Music: Naoki Tani (HANO), Satoshi Igarashi (TOKYO LOGIC), Tatsuya Yano, Yuri Morita.
- Original creator: Take
- Character Design: Manabu Kurihara
- Art Director: Satoshi Ōkubo
- Chief Animation Director: Manabu Kurihara, Masahiko Suzuki, Shinpei Koikawa
- Sound Director: Yasunori Ebina
- Director of Photography: Yūsuke Yamamoto
- Art Setting: Satoshi Ōkubo
- Assistant Director: Shinichi Fukumoto
- Color design: Haruko Nobori
- Editing: Rina Koguchi (IMAGICA EMS)
- Sound Effects: Kiyotaka Kawada
- Theme Song Arrangement: Hidekazu Tanaka (OP)
- Theme Song Composition: Hidekazu Tanaka (OP)
- Theme Song Lyrics: Tomokazu Tashiro (OP)
The second season will be titled, “Uzaki- chan wants to hang out ω“. ω symbol at the end is pronounced as “double”.
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! (Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Take. It has been serialized through Niconico Seiga’s Dra Dra Sharp website since December 2017 and collected in eight tankōbon volumes by Fujimi Shobo as of March 2022. In North America, the manga is licensed by Seven Seas Entertainment.
An anime television series adaptation by ENGI aired from July to September 2020.
The plot of Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! is described as:
Hana Uzaki is thrilled to discover that she is attending the same college as her fellow high school upperclassman, Shinichi Sakurai. However, after a year of watching him just laze around, she comes to the conclusion that he has turned into a loner. She decides to spend as much time with Shinichi as possible, believing that he is an introvert or intimidating, which is uncool and unacceptable. Beginning her project to have Shinichi experience a fun lifestyle, Hana stalks him like an annoying pest. Will Shinichi ever make her understand that he prefers doing things by himself, or will he be won over by Hana’s zany charm?