The official website of Dr. Stone anime started streaming a new promotional video for the series’ special TV episode, Dr. Stone: Ryusui, on June 12, 2022, revealing the cast, staff and a July 10 broadcast date. The special episode will be 60 minutes long and will be aired on Tokyo MX and BS11 at 7:00 pm JST.
A new key visual was also released along with the PV.
Among the staff, Yuichiro Kido and Yuko Iwasa will be returning to oversee series composition and character designs respectively. Horiyuki Horiyuchi too will be returning to the franchise as the main animator, after having served the role in the previous seasons of Dr. Stone.
However, Shinya Iino, who was the director for Dr. Stone and Dr. Stone: Stone Wars, will be replaced by Shuhei Matsushita in Dr. Stone: Ryusui.
The entire list of staff is as follows:
- Director: Shuhei Matsushita
- Series composition / Screenplay: Yuichiro Kido
- Character design: Yuko Iwasa
- Design works: Yoshio Mizumura
- Main animator: Hiroyuki Horiuchi
- Art setting: Aoki Tomoyuki
- Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
- Color Design: Souko Nakao
- Photo Director: Takeshi Kuzuyama
- Editing: Kumiko Sakamoto
- Sound Director: Hitoshi Aketagawa
- Music: Tatsuya Kato, Hiroaki Tsutsumi, YUKI KANESAKA
- Studio: TMS Entertainment
The cast from the previous seasons of the anime, including Yusuke Kobayashi, Ryota Suzuki, Makoto Furukawa and Yuchi Nakamura, will be reprising their roles in the special episode.
The entire list of cast for the special episode is as follows:
- Yusuke Kobayashi as Senku Ishigami
- Ryota Suzuki as Ryusui Nanami
- Makoto Furukawa as Taiju Oki
- Gen Sato as Chrome
- Kengo Kawanishi as Gen Asagiri
- Aki Toyosaki as Homura Momiji
- Yuichi Nakamura as Tsukasa Shishio
- Kana Ichinose as Yuzuriha Ogawa
- Manami Numakura as Kohaku
- Kensho Ono as Ukyo Saionji
- Karin Takahashi as Suika
- Yasuhiro Mamiya as Magma
- Yoshiki Nakajima as Yo Uei
The franchise had earlier released character design for the main character Ryusui Nanami and a July 2022 release date for the special episode.
Additionally, the official twitter account of Dr. Stone revealed that the previously announced special chapter for the manga will release in issue #31 of Weekly Shonen Jump on July 4, 2022, the same day on which the 26th and the final volume of the series ships.
The page count and other details for the special chapter will be revealed in Weekly Shonen Jump issue #30.
Dr. STONE, written by Riichiro Inagaki, and illustrated by South Korean artist Boichi, started serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shōnen Jump in March 2017. The manga ended on March 7, 2022 in the 14th issue of the magazine.
The story follows teenage scientific genius Senku Ishigami, who plans to rebuild civilization after humanity was mysteriously petrified for 3,700 years.
Viz Media licensed the manga in North America. Shueisha began to simulpub the series in English on the website and the Shonen Jump and MANGA PLUS apps in January 2019.
An anime television series adaptation by TMS Entertainment aired from July to December 2019. A second season of the anime series focused on the “Stone Wars” arc aired from January to March 2021. A third season is set to premiere in 2023.